Sunday, March 13, 2011

Drawing.

For the past few months daily drawing with a black Bic pen in a notebook has been a means to explore what I think and feel. I have not been able to write much, except a few (20 since last spring) art reviews. Making one work for the Deluge Lost LP Cover show, which did not sell - can you guess which one is mine? (Any takers?!) has been my sole sculptural output since Edmonton. I would like to blame the weather, the lack of studio space - monetary concerns. However, there is nothing stopping me, should I want to use found materials and wrap them around a telephone pole, for example, or trench sand into forms or use myself as a sculpture, performing some ritualistic incantation, calling the muses to my rescue.These drawings are my collected dream of work yet to come, and with some internal reconstruction, this may yet happen.

No comments: