- CV with Exhibitions & Residencies - Debora Alanna
- SCULPTURE ~ Debora Alanna
- Work in Progress
- Paintings & Drawings
- REVIEWS about Debora Alanna
- VIDEOS about Debora Alanna
- RESIDENCIES - In Progress
- Blog WRITING Collection - In Progress
- Photography & Poetry with Photography (Photopoetics)
- 2014 - Reviews by Debora Alanna
- 2013 - Reviews by Debora Alanna
- 2012 Reviews by Debora Alanna
- 2011 - Reviews by Debora Alanna
- 2010 - Reviews by Debora Alanna
- Selected Reviews from the 90s
Thursday, August 18, 2005
I imagine myself as an impression on a column, an inverse mold impressed into a cylinder. My arms are meager portions, traces from my shoulders. My face is pressed into the centre and the groin of my body is revealed in reverse. I am tall and erect as the pillar.
Tonight, I cannot sleep. For several nights I have been able to release myself to slumber at unusually early times. 9 pm or earlier. Too tired to think. Not wanting to dwell on anything, allowing sleep to resurrect thought.
Tonight, I am restless, dwelling on the past and future; 30 years ago... 30 years from now... The present intertwined by memory. This act of remembering and projecting awakens desire and despair. I conclude and discard, evaluate and rethink the day, the week, the year... Milestones of past events are clouds of memories. This recreates a humidity that is not discomforting but saturated with emotion that has been leisurely ignored for some time.