Voyeuristic, I note that the sun shines today, yesterday, last week and in recent memory... a phenomenon in Vancouver.
I say voyeuristic because I have trapped myself into the cloister of my dwelling, working towards a goal, to 'proofread' assignments, not my own, while life and sun continue outside my blinded windows. I peer through the slats, allowing my eyes to enjoy glimpses of the phosphorous green of the glowing cedars, wishing I was a part of the life that encompasses sunshiny days.
Meanwhile I continue to labour over the thousands of pages, where anatomy meets physiology, wondering when my corporeal self will emerge into the daylight, thinking that by the time I finish, rains will permanently be my solace, my existence.
Sun, will you shine for me some day?
- CV with Exhibitions & Residencies - Debora Alanna
- SCULPTURE ~ Debora Alanna
- Work in Progress
- Paintings & Drawings
- REVIEWS about Debora Alanna
- VIDEOS about Debora Alanna
- RESIDENCIES - In Progress
- Blog WRITING Collection - In Progress
- Photography & Poetry with Photography (Photopoetics)
- 2014 - Reviews by Debora Alanna
- 2013 - Reviews by Debora Alanna
- 2012 Reviews by Debora Alanna
- 2011 - Reviews by Debora Alanna
- 2010 - Reviews by Debora Alanna
- Selected Reviews from the 90s