Monday, February 21, 2005

Sunnyside

Voyeuristic, I note that the sun shines today, yesterday, last week and in recent memory... a phenomenon in Vancouver.

I say voyeuristic because I have trapped myself into the cloister of my dwelling, working towards a goal, to 'proofread' assignments, not my own, while life and sun continue outside my blinded windows. I peer through the slats, allowing my eyes to enjoy glimpses of the phosphorous green of the glowing cedars, wishing I was a part of the life that encompasses sunshiny days.

Meanwhile I continue to labour over the thousands of pages, where anatomy meets physiology, wondering when my corporeal self will emerge into the daylight, thinking that by the time I finish, rains will permanently be my solace, my existence.

Sun, will you shine for me some day?

No comments: